Monday, March 29, 2010

Something Blue


"Mary in Blue, Lover be true"

So a new habit of googling everything led me to the origin of the famous and ever lasting poem. A little out of order but a detail already received. And for those who think "color" in wedding dresses is not traditional, you need a history lesson. In fact, early 19th century most wedding dresses were blue to symbolize modesty and purity, most commonly found on Mother Mary.

As previously mentioned, I did decide to illicit a bridesmaid;Thank you and Sorry Katie ;) Prior to the decision, not that there was a question of who, but if you recall a question of having any attendants at all, Katie surprised me a bit ago with an amazing detail. The sash above is to be sewn into my dress. What an awesome idea!

Just for a little introduction, Katie Murphy and I met many years ago in the now famous(or infamous, I don't know which I will admit to) Myra Pool! It was 2006 and what a FUN summer that was. Little did we know at the time what a great friendship would stem from that silly pool!(And many others for that matter)

Katie since then married her best friend Tom and they have Little Tommy and live just blocks from my parents in Jacksonville Beach. I was fortunate enough to meet their entire family and look forward to seeing them grow!




No comments:

Post a Comment