Friday, June 11, 2010

Zach Thomas Photography, nuff said



SO, as you can see now, there was no immediate words that could describe my excitement, the photos are amazing!! Little back story:


Todd and I looked long and hard at photographers because there are so many great ones in St Augustine, but we had a few specifics we needed. First and foremost we are not your typical sappy couple, its meaningful, its fun, its complicated. So we wanted someone who could capture that and who was willing to look outside the box to depict what Todd and I have. So this lead us to Zach Thomas Photography. Zach(ztphoto.com) is a local guy who amongst other things rocks in a band and takes sweet photos. When Todd had suggested him we had a quick phone call one day that basically went like this:
Me: Hey Zach here's the deal, I dont want hundreds of photos of Todd and I rolling around in the sand kissing on the beack or walking hand in hand in front of some house that isnt ours. I want something significant, I want 2 good photos

Zach: Do you have an idea or theme in mind?

Me: NO but Todd and I met through our professions, mainly I went in to solicit his CPA firm to partner with my company(ADP shameless plug) and his secretary thought I was cute and put me on his schedule. Todd actually cancelled the appointment at first because he doesnt meet with sales people but when his secretary insisted that he wanted to meet me, he took the appointment. I thought he was actually interested in buying/partnering, he was just interested in partnering emmmhmmmmm you know what i mean.

Zach: ok heres what im thinking, office romance, 1950s, sitting across a desk, its going to be a totally different process but it will be cool

Me: lets do it


Zach then hooked me up with Tara Ferreira who is a stylist for photos. I had actually seen some of her work on their family postcard(sethandtara.com). She came over with a few dresses and that was it!


Next thing you know im shoving quesadilla in my face on a sunday while Tara magically created this amazing beehive, beautiful lashes and the always neccessary attempt in the 50's to be as pale as possible. By the way as Tara says regarding lashes, "get ready to live!"


All in all Im looking forward to our second photo shoot with a little different theme, and of course the wedding!!!!!!

2 comments: